cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

The Hub is now in read-only mode as we make improvements to the Hub experience. More information is available here.

(KNOWN ISSUE) Can't Opt Out of Personal Information Sharing with Third Parties

bblakely14
Shkhara

Had to accept new privacy policy when opening the app and then when I went into settings to opt out of sharing my personal info with third parties (because it shares it by default), I was unable to opt out. If I turn it on to opt out, it immediately goes back off when i come back into this setting and says network error. I am currently not seeing a way to stop sharing my info with third parties on the web for my account so it appears there is no real way to opt out of sharing my personal info with third parties.signal-2024-10-03-140033.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hello, 
Thanks for the posts. Our team is looking into this. We will post any updates here once we have additional information. 

In the meantime, @Jana_S noted, you can use the website to update this setting. 

Thank you for your patience!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hello, 
Thanks for the posts. Our team is looking into this. We will post any updates here once we have additional information. 

In the meantime, @Jana_S noted, you can use the website to update this setting. 

Thank you for your patience!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Jana_S
Kilimanjaro

I can't seem to be able to change this in the app too - whenever I open that part of the settings, I get logged out. (Tested repeatedly.)

BUT, it looks it's possible to opt out via the Strava website. Log in, scroll to the bottom, click "Do Not Share My Personal Information", confirm by clicking "Opt Out".

IMG_6385.png

cool, thanks! Glad it is at least possible through the website. Just verified I could select that option on strava.com on my computer, although I find that to be an odd spot for the feature to be located on the webstite lol. Also interesting it appears to be a bug in both iOS and Android