cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

map disappeared while viewing my workout

mgdstrava
Mt. Kenya

My workout was uploaded to Strava from Garmin and all data was displayed including the map of my ride. As I was poking around looking at my stats all of a sudden the map disappeared. I can't seem to find a way of getting it back. I did a Google search and followed a few threads about maps disappearing, but no solution offered worked. I am simply looking at my workout via the Firefox browser. I am not using the app.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey @mgdstrava , 
Not a problem! If you continue to experience issues, please submit a support ticket and we’ll be happy to investigate further.

KBryant24
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

itsvinayrai
Mt. Kenya

Try this turn off your precise location from phone. It will work. 

IMG_0255.jpeg

Dave666
Mt. Kenya

I have the same issue. How do you edit the activity then and change it back to an outdoor activity?

Bryant
Moderator Moderator

Hey @mgdstrava,
I'm sorry to hear about this. When you go to your activity, have you checked your activity type is not accidentally marked as an indoor activity? This is a mistake that commonly happens.

Indoor activities do not record GPS data, therefore maps are not generated.

KBryant24

As I mentioned in my post, the map was uploaded and visible in Strava. It simply disappeared. The cause is not that the map route was not recorded, it was and the map was uploaded. Then, poof, it was  gone. Thanks for responding, though…I may export the ride again from Garmin if I can figure out how to do that.

Hey @mgdstrava , 
Not a problem! If you continue to experience issues, please submit a support ticket and we’ll be happy to investigate further.

KBryant24