cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from Adidas Running (Runtastic)

id-bob
Mt. Kenya

I've finally gotten fed up with the Adidas Running app. It was terrific until Adidas bought it but it's gone steadily downhill. I have a Galaxy S22+ and a Galaxy Watch 5. The app constantly loses GPS connectivity and to top it off, most of the time it refuses to take the Samsung Health data to replace a bad workout.

So, I've started a trial of Strava and can't seem to find out how to do the following which I can do with the Adidas app:

1. Sync the heart rate monitor in the Galaxy Watch 5 which runs on Wear OS 3 (it didn't work with my Watch 4, either) to the app on the phone.
  2. Get audible feed back in time and distance. For instance, with the Adidas app, I can get feedback every two minutes and every half mile. I don't want to have to constantly look at my watch or to use the watch app to get that feed back.

Looking forward to any advice anyone has.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi id-bob,

Thanks for your post and welcome to Strava!

If you're not seeing heart rate data in your Strava activities, please check and see if you have yet to grant Strava consent to process and store your health related data,  which includes heart rate data.  If you'd like Strava to collect and process health data for future activities you can change your permission settings before your next upload.

The Strava WearOS App on the Samsung Galaxy 5 does support audio cues.  Look for the Settings icon (gear) in the App, and you'll be able to enable audio cues for Start/Stop and Pause.   The App doesn't support audio cues for distance or split times.  You can find more information about how Strava works with Wear OS here.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

Hi,

To enable these on the Strava Mobile App:

• Select Record from the bottom navigation menu.
  • Select the gear icon in the upper right-hand corner and Audio Cues on the next page.
  • From here, you enable start/stop/pause announcements for runs, rides, and walks.
  • You can also enable announcements for every half mile or kilometer or every full mile or kilometer (depending on the units of measure set in your preferences). This option is only available for run activities.

Full instructions and troubleshooting tips can be found here

Jane (she/her)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Walysson
Pico de Orizaba

Hello... I asked Strava support for a partnership with the ADIDAS RUNNING app. I believe that the two would complement each other in terms of accessibility, diversity of sports and data publication. We keep trying.

id-bob
Mt. Kenya

Thanks for the reply. I'm more concerned with the voice feedback from the Android app on my Galaxy S22+. 

Hi,

To enable these on the Strava Mobile App:

• Select Record from the bottom navigation menu.
  • Select the gear icon in the upper right-hand corner and Audio Cues on the next page.
  • From here, you enable start/stop/pause announcements for runs, rides, and walks.
  • You can also enable announcements for every half mile or kilometer or every full mile or kilometer (depending on the units of measure set in your preferences). This option is only available for run activities.

Full instructions and troubleshooting tips can be found here

Jane (she/her)

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi id-bob,

Thanks for your post and welcome to Strava!

If you're not seeing heart rate data in your Strava activities, please check and see if you have yet to grant Strava consent to process and store your health related data,  which includes heart rate data.  If you'd like Strava to collect and process health data for future activities you can change your permission settings before your next upload.

The Strava WearOS App on the Samsung Galaxy 5 does support audio cues.  Look for the Settings icon (gear) in the App, and you'll be able to enable audio cues for Start/Stop and Pause.   The App doesn't support audio cues for distance or split times.  You can find more information about how Strava works with Wear OS here.

Jane (she/her)

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings