cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Photos on Routes

siebzigsieben
Mt. Kenya

Does anyone know why the location of public photos on routes is hidden? - It would be great to see where those photos are taken, especially when the route has longer distance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @siebzigsieben 

Thanks for posting about this.  We don't show the photos on the saved route map itself to reduce clutter. However, if you would like to browse photos along the route, you will be able to browse photos on the routebuilder on the Strava website during the route creation workflow.  You will need to make sure that Community Photos is turned on in the lower lefthand corner under Map Preferences.

I hope that's helpful.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

siebzigsieben
Mt. Kenya

Hello @Jane,

the clutter argumentation is valid, but is there no chance to allow a small hidden location information behind some dots or via a switch setting? Below is one example, I am using the routebuilder to plan a multiday trip through different countries. The photos do influence my route planning, because I am interested to cycle along the nice places and hotspots shown. The public photos are really a great feature.

Screenshot 2024-01-26 at 9.07.38 PM.pngMy current workaround is to split those long routes into tiny segments, to locate the photos. It would be great, if Strava adds a switch to display the location similar to the photos shown at activities (shown at the left side).

Thank you!
Mark

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @siebzigsieben 

Thanks for posting about this.  We don't show the photos on the saved route map itself to reduce clutter. However, if you would like to browse photos along the route, you will be able to browse photos on the routebuilder on the Strava website during the route creation workflow.  You will need to make sure that Community Photos is turned on in the lower lefthand corner under Map Preferences.

I hope that's helpful.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team