cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time not recording accurately

monkeytoe
Mt. Kenya

My husband and I both use Strava to record our daily workouts. In the past two weeks, we have had multiple instances where the time showing during the workout is accurate, but when we complete the activity, it is short, usually by over 20 minutes. For example, my husband did a 60-minute ruck yesterday, which the timer displayed, but when he ended the activity, Strava only recorded 32 minutes. Anyone else experiencing this, or know how to fix it?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @monkeytoe 

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear this.

Can you clarify if the moving time is inaccurate or the total elapsed time is inaccurate?  We use GPS data to calculate moving time on Strava activities. On activities where an Athlete may be moving relative slowly (for example rucking with a heavy load or uphill) it can be hard for our App to determine if the Athlete is stopped, and moving time calculations may be less accurate.

Find out more here

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @monkeytoe 

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear this.

Can you clarify if the moving time is inaccurate or the total elapsed time is inaccurate?  We use GPS data to calculate moving time on Strava activities. On activities where an Athlete may be moving relative slowly (for example rucking with a heavy load or uphill) it can be hard for our App to determine if the Athlete is stopped, and moving time calculations may be less accurate.

Find out more here

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team