cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel Watch 2 sync issue from watch to phone app

Kamyk
Shkhara
Hi,

I have a Pixel Watch 2. I can see my activities on my watch Strava app stating unsynced but they won't sync! Tapping unsynced does not help. Still, I have one Unsynced activity. I tried to log out and log in again, but it still the same. 

Version: 1.37 (77901)

Any ideas on what should I do? 

Thank you!

Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 08.41.22.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

👋 Hi All, 
If you are still having issues, please try the following:

Open Strava on watch
sign out and sign back in
it should ask you to grant it permission again 

If this doesn't resolve your issue, you can try the following:

1. delete the Strava application from your watch
2. Power your device off for 10 seconds
3. turn your watch back on and reinstall the Strava application (v1.39).

Unfortunately, this will discard any pending activities that have not yet synced to your account but will remove the error and new activities should sync over again.

If you have issues after trying the above, 
please submit a support ticket. If you have trouble with our online form, you can send an email to support@strava.zendesk.com. Please direct your email to the attention of Jimi. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Scout
Moderator Moderator

👋 Hi All, 
If you are still having issues, please try the following:

Open Strava on watch
sign out and sign back in
it should ask you to grant it permission again 

If this doesn't resolve your issue, you can try the following:

1. delete the Strava application from your watch
2. Power your device off for 10 seconds
3. turn your watch back on and reinstall the Strava application (v1.39).

Unfortunately, this will discard any pending activities that have not yet synced to your account but will remove the error and new activities should sync over again.

If you have issues after trying the above, 
please submit a support ticket. If you have trouble with our online form, you can send an email to support@strava.zendesk.com. Please direct your email to the attention of Jimi. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Same issue w/Pixel Watch 2.  I've done two runs this week. I actually did the log out/log in on Tuesday and it worked with syncing with the app....but today it's not working.  As fun as it is going to support pages (strava, reddit, google)  restarting my watch, logging out and back in again (i.e. spending half the time of my 1 hour run just trying to sync it to Strava) I've found a solution that will work: use a garmin watch for 100% of my runs and abandon using the pixel watch for workouts.  

Finally works with that first solution. I tried that one before but no luck. I will check with the next ride if will sync and let you know here!

Thank you

mayriella
Mt. Kenya

Same with my pixel watch 1 since Monday

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello,

So sorry to hear of this issue.  Have you been able to get anything to sync?  I'm wondering if you're being impacted by this known issue

We are currently working on a fix, and will update that thread when it's available.  

Jane (she/her)

Having the same issue with two of my runs this week, Google pixel watch won't sync to Strava app on my phone.

Please fix bug asap, thanks 

Still the same issue on my side.