cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[KNOWN ISSUE] Fitbit to Strava sync looses GPS track information

ise
Shkhara

Recently I face an issue that my Fitbit activities are not synced correctly. All the data are correct: distance, heartbeat and so on. But the GPS track stops in Strava after 2 km, no matter how long the track is in Fitbit. My last three activities face this issue and it worked before without any issue. 

I have already disconnect the accounts and connects them again, but without any luck.

Do any other Fitbit user face this issue or can give me a hint why this happens? It's annoying because it's start out of the sudden. I have attached screenshots of my last activity.

That's shown in Strava:

1000054827.png

And this in Fitbit:

1000054822.png

Thanks,

Daniel 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Scout
Moderator Moderator

👋 Hello everyone!

Thanks for your patience while we investigated this issue. Our team has found that the map being displayed on Strava is reflective of all the GPS data that was recorded in the file. This may mean that FitBit lost GPS connection and they are using cellular data to fill in the location for the remainder of the activity.

We would recommend that you make sure your device is up to date with the latest firmware and that your FitBit device and app are also updated. If, after recording a new activity, you are still noticing the same issue, please reach out to FitBit support for additional troubleshooting steps. You can contact FitBit support here.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

Marc_
Strava
Strava

Hello All! 

Marc here with another update. Fitbit's team has confirmed with us that they are still working on this issue regarding data/map discrepancies in the activities that they are syncing over to 3rd party connections, like Strava. 
We still do not have an ETA from them about a fix but they have added the issue to their status dashboard last week: https://status.fitbit.com/incidents/D6j3uhKPGKKsJjNoxsp7
You can check there to see if the issue is still ongoing otherwise I will also post a follow-up here in this thread once we get word that the issue has been resolved by Fitbit. 

Thanks for the patience and understanding all! 

View solution in original post

72 REPLIES 72

Hi Marc

i am experiencing the same issue, although not every run. My runs on Saturday, Tuesday and today (Wednesday) show the map for around the first kilometre only but distance, duration, speed stats for the whole run. The runs were completely recorded on Fitbit including the full maps. My runs on Sunday and Monday were transferred ok to strava. I have a Fitbit charge 5, both Fitbit and Strava apps are up to date, as is the Fitbit firmware. I’ve also restarted the Fitbit device. So I think it points to some issue at the strava end

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry to say, but something has clearly changed otherwise not all users from this thread see the same results and at the same time frame.

And I say it again. If I have a look into the source tcx from Fitbit all data points are correct and they were not recorded with AGPS. The GPS connection was on all the time and in the TCX file from Fitbit everything is correct and the data points are not marked as AGPS recorded data points in any way, so the structure look exactly the same throughout the whole track. And each position differs from each other. 

If I download the TCX file from Strava, the TCX data points are correct until about 1.6km and then they start to be the same location all over again until the track ends, that's the reason why the track stops after 1.6km. The data points and the location are there but all at the same latitude and longitude after 1.6km. 

If needed I can provide the source TCX file from Fitbit. 

But please stop marking this thread as resolved with answers that are not really satisfying by saying this has something to do with the tracker. They work without errors for two years now!

At the Fitbit community a thread was started about this issue, too. Here is the link for reference.

Hi @Marc_ - Thanks for the additional reply, please can you advise why these GPS drop outs all seem to occur at almost the same distance in to the activity (roughly one mile from what I have seen); and why this issue has only started occurring in the last few weeks?  

Something has clearly changed 

Scout
Moderator Moderator

👋 Hello everyone!

Thanks for your patience while we investigated this issue. Our team has found that the map being displayed on Strava is reflective of all the GPS data that was recorded in the file. This may mean that FitBit lost GPS connection and they are using cellular data to fill in the location for the remainder of the activity.

We would recommend that you make sure your device is up to date with the latest firmware and that your FitBit device and app are also updated. If, after recording a new activity, you are still noticing the same issue, please reach out to FitBit support for additional troubleshooting steps. You can contact FitBit support here.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

So far I'm having the same issue happen on and off. I had a few successful uploads yesterday but today it didn't have the map. When I looked at the activity on Fitbit the map wasn't there at first. It took several seconds for it to load. I suspect the map data isn't being processed when the activity is saved on Fitbit until the user looks at it. Here's a screenshot of what I was seeing. 

1000036882.jpg

1000036883.jpg

  

That's interesting. Maybe it is trying to push the activity to Strava before it has finished processing it? 

Yes, I guess so too. I had same experiences.
Just after stopping logging,Fitbit app sometimes shows inperfect training history. 
That gets perfect in a few minutes.

Hello,

App is up to date and still facing the same issue. Can you please provide a solution. It seems many people are facing the same issue. GPS data are correct in Fitbit but there is clearly a problem when uploading them to Strava.

without a solution, the Fitbit is useless so I count on a proper solution.

Thanks,

Veerle