cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more dual uploads from Zwift and Garmin?

heaths
Shkhara

I've been dual recording rides on my Zwift Hub One on both Zwift (BLE to an iPad) and my Garmin 840 (ANT+) because Garmin badges help motivate me and Zwift uploads don't count, annoyingly.

Until tonight, both Zwift (always first) and Garmin would sync the ride to Strava and I'd delete the Garmin one. It's distance was always off (questionable distance calculations of Zwift notwithstanding). Tonight it didn't upload and the distance was a couple miles higher, though the time still overlapped as always.

That's good, but a surprising change. Did Strava make a change to better eliminate dups based on time and effectively ignore distance? Just wondering if I can quit my ritual of having to hop on Strava and delete my Garmin-sync'd virtual rides.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @heaths 

Thanks for your comments on this.  We have an existing idea submission over on our Ideas Board which addresses ideas for improving the way we handle duplicate activity data streams for the same activity.  We would welcome your vote (kudos) and any additional comments you might have on this topic.

View Idea here

Sincere thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @heaths 

Thanks for your comments on this.  We have an existing idea submission over on our Ideas Board which addresses ideas for improving the way we handle duplicate activity data streams for the same activity.  We would welcome your vote (kudos) and any additional comments you might have on this topic.

View Idea here

Sincere thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback.

Jane (she/her)

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @heaths 

Thanks for posting about this.  We do attempt to detect and block duplicate uploads if they have the same start times, so that's likely what happened in this instance.  Apologies for any confusion over this.

Jane (she/her)

Oh, it's alright. Good, in fact. It's just never happened to date. Start and end times would be a few seconds off and distance uploaded was usually very different. I did it on Garmin Connect after the fact.

Was really just hoping to confirm your deduping algorithm got better and something else wasn't the problem, like a sync issue.

Garmin recorded about 6 extra miles and did get uploaded to Strava. As always, I deleted that one and corrected distance and elevation in Connect. Seems not getting an extra upload yesterday was a glitch.

The start and end times are within seconds. Would be great if Strava had a bit longer threshold for matching rides and deleting the subsequent ride. I'll keep should it manually, though. Don't want to game the system: I'm in this to improve myself, not win virtual rewards without putting in the work!