cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava and Samsung Galaxy 6 watch

Tanyavh
Mt. Kenya

Please can you let me know when Strava will support the new Samsung 6 smart watch? 

Many Thanks 

Tanya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @Tanyavh
Thanks for your post. If you have a Samsung Watch running Wear OS 3 or higher you can download the Wear OS application through the Google Play Store directly on your watch. Access the Google Play Store App (on your watch) > Apps on your Phone (or you can search) > Strava > Install.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

kenjidavisss
Mt. Kenya

Can it show the map too after the activity? 

Hey @kenjidavisss
Thanks for your post. There may be a few different reasons why you are not seeing a map included in your activity. Please read through the steps below as they normally resolve the issue you are experiencing.

Uploaded as Indoor Activity
Your activity may have been uploaded as an indoor activity.
  1. Access your activity in question via the web
  2. Notice if the activity is listed as "Treadmill" or "Indoor"
  3. Select Edit (pencil icon)
  4. Look for the tags "Treadmill" or "Indoor" and unselect - green means it is activity, grey means it is turned off and unselected (grey = good to go)
  5. Save & View Activity
If these steps did not resolve the issue, please check your device to ensure you are recording an outside activity with a GPS signal. For more information, check out this article about Indoor Activities. If you continue having issues, please reach out to the device manufacturer.

Privacy Zone Settings
If your entire activity is taking place within your privacy zone, the map will be hidden. For more information on all of our privacy controls, please visit our privacy center and take the time to ensure your selections in Strava represent your intended experience.

Next Steps
If the steps listed did not resolve the issue, please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.
Be sure to include the link(s) to any activity (or activites) in question to help us troubleshoot further. The link(s) should look like this: http://www.strava.com/activities/186108431

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @Tanyavh
Thanks for your post. If you have a Samsung Watch running Wear OS 3 or higher you can download the Wear OS application through the Google Play Store directly on your watch. Access the Google Play Store App (on your watch) > Apps on your Phone (or you can search) > Strava > Install.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Former Member
Not applicable

I don't understand how to add the Google Play Store to my Galaxy 5 watch. Where are instructions to add Strava app please.