cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Activity When I Go To Record

iiszach
Mt. Kenya

Greetings! It is not easy to find where to post or where to get help. Hopefully someone has some guidance. I use Strava for cycling probably 95% of the time but one time I went hiking about 3 months ago and decided to record it. 

Now whenever I open the app to record it starts with hiking and no matter how many times I switch it to biking it never stays there on subsequent rides. Any ideas? Fixes? 

Thanks! Also a direct contact to Strava would be nice too. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The only thing that worked for me was deleting the app and reinstalling it. Immediately, it defaulted to Run, as I had set it to. Worked a treat.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

rjsdotorg
Shkhara

It doesn't help - mine is stuck on Canoe for a year.

ScocoCyclo
Mt. Kenya

I did an e-Mountain Bike trial day 6 months ago and whenever I go to record it defaults my activity to e-Mountain Bike Ride.

I ride a road bike, walk, or run, and the profile settings Bryant refers to has "Running" and "Cycling" as the only options. 

I want my default activity to either be the last one I recorded or "Ride". E-Mountain Bike isn't even in the list of my top activities, so why does it appear as the default every time?

I have an iPhone 12, latest version of Strava (15 Feb 2023 update)

Cyclopscott
Mt. Kenya

It does not help.  I have had the same issue for about the same amount of time.  My default sport has never changed from cycling and is still listed that way.