cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Route detail page doesn't show which Segments are starred anymore

sonny4
Shkhara

It seems that the Route detail page (when you click on a Route under your Strava > My Routes) has changed recently, and doesn't display which segments are starred. You need to click a Segment to star or unstar. This worked just fine in the "old" (much better) version. Which is a BIG anoyance to me.

With the old page, I could plan a Route, and then easily star Segments right on the page. Those starred Segments were then pulled over to my Garmin Edge. The new page makes this way more difficult. I would need to click on each Segment separatelly, and there are dozens of them.

Futhermore, on the "old" (miles better) page, when you put your mouse over a Segment, it displayed where it is on the map. This feature is gone.

Please, bring back the previous very good Route detail page.

26 REPLIES 26

antswan
Mt. Kenya

i can no longer star routes on the app. wtf?! how do i get routes to sync to garmin?

Found it - once on a route, you can swipe right on the “Saved, Offline” etc icons and the star button is hidden to the right 

Same for me - anyone know how to select routes to sync to garmin as you can’t star them on the app??

JoelMaHarry
Shkhara

This change is TERRIBLE.  Why change a brilliant and eminently useful bit of UI?

very frustrating and severely degrades  the usefulness of the site and app 

Chippy_J
Mt. Kenya

To get strava segments on my garmin edge 530, I have always starred the segments, created the route on strava, starred the route. The route then appears in garmin connect with the purple start and end segment flags which allows my garmin edge to start and end the segments on the ride.

Recently I've noticed an issue when creating routes on the strava website. The segments I have starred no-longer appear to be recognised when creating a route, they don't appear in the list of segments under the route.

This means the start and end segment data is not added in the sync to garmin and the purple flags don't appear in garmin connect etc... etc... and segments do not appear on my edge 530.

I can't be the only one with this issue. It seems to have appeared since the route website changed

Hey there, we've had a few posts about this and it is a known issue for Garmin live segments. Feel free to check out this post with more info.

jeffakalucas
Mt. Kenya

I can't believe no one else is complaining about this?  I created a route last night and knew I was missing segments and the ability to star them.   When I completed the ride, the ride summary was FULL of segments and the ability to star them right down the line.   Starred segments also aren't transferring to Garmin. 

It's sad to see us paying customers are ignored by Strava. I have a feeling that the developer team has changed. The new ones are confused. There have been other questionable changes recently, like adding some useless photos to the route detail page (for decoration?).

DaveSudds
Shkhara

I've been using Strava segments on my garmin edge cycle devices for about a year now and have had great fun and a lot of good results racing against myself and others on Live segments. Over the last few months many of my starred segments simply will not appear when I create a new route on strava as they did before. I know about starring and unstaring to prompt segments to appear on garmin but now many of my favourites are not even appearing on Strava at all. I have had many communications with strava support who are helpful and tell me it is due to a bug that is effecting everyone and not just me yet I still haven't spoken to any cyclists who are experiencing the same problem. 

Does anyone out there have any knowledge of this or are any of you having the same or similar problems ?  Any advice or pointers would be gratefully  received 

Thanks 

Dave 

sonny4
Shkhara

I see that the Route page has seen improvements. Thank you for that. If it's not planned already, I would once again suggest that you add the ability to star/unstar segments right on this page. It's hugely missed. It allows me to plan the segments that I want to improve. I see no good work-around currently.

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings