cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Segment route planning

senf2
Mt. Kenya

what is the best way to plan a route for "KOM-hunting" ? I tried within the Strava integrated routplaner. But there is no possibility to connect some segments in a usefull way together.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @senf2 

Thanks for posting about this and we're glad to hear you enjoy Strava segments.  

You can locate segments in a particular area using the web, or you can use the Strava Mobile App to get suggested segments.  Free athletes will see a sampling of popular segments in the given area. Zoom in, zoom out, or enter a location and Strava will show the most popular segments in that area. Strava subscribers can drag up the additional menu options from the bottom of the map to browse personalized suggestions under the Segments banner.

I hope that's helpful!  Let us know if you have further questions.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

FrankR
Mt. Kenya

Hi Jane,

in my opinion your answer is not related to the request of senf2. For my understanding - and that's a functionality I've been missing to - is to create a route based on a given segment. Currently the route builder shows segments along a route but what's missing is to create a route based on a special segment.

For example: I have a whole bunch of very long time trial segments here in my area. Some of them on tarmac and others offroad. When planning to hunt a segment that's 10k or longer you can't to this without proper navigation. So a route is required. How can this route be created at the moment? You need to have two browsers open and have the segment in one and the route builder in the other. Then you have to create route manually by clicking the map turn by turn, repositioning the map and so on. This is really hard to do. I would like to have a feature which creates a route automically on a segment.

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @senf2 

Thanks for posting about this and we're glad to hear you enjoy Strava segments.  

You can locate segments in a particular area using the web, or you can use the Strava Mobile App to get suggested segments.  Free athletes will see a sampling of popular segments in the given area. Zoom in, zoom out, or enter a location and Strava will show the most popular segments in that area. Strava subscribers can drag up the additional menu options from the bottom of the map to browse personalized suggestions under the Segments banner.

I hope that's helpful!  Let us know if you have further questions.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team