cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do Community Hub ideas lead to product changes?

AM
Shkhara

What features proposed here were introduced last 12 months? When I hear about "sharing post workout video on snapchat feature" but having "commute" but no "training" label available for swimming - I wonder if the discussion here leads to a change.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Soren
Denali

Hello @AM and thank you for your post. In regards to your question about which features proposed in this space have been introduced -- a quick way to identify that is by filtering our ideas by the “Delivered” status. I’d like to point out that the Community Hub was only launched 4 months ago, but our “What's New?” blog posts contain all updates that have been implemented. These updates are now being shared here, too, and you can easily find them by navigating to the Whats New label.
Discussions here in the Community Hub are certainly very valuable and are the ideal way to surface feature suggestions, bug reports, and much more. Prior to launching this space, we found that all sorts of feedback and ideas would be shared on external sites, diffused and overlooked, leading to people feeling unheard and frustrated. By having a formal Ideas hub we are primarily centralizing feedback and ideas where they can be shared broadly and voted on by Strava athletes, and secondly, can be reviewed and prioritized collectively by our internal teams in order of community popularity and feasibility.
We have people on many of our internal teams browsing through the discussion boards and popular ideas to gather feedback for future developments. In case you haven’t seen our Community Guide to Ideas yet, it explains what we’re looking for in idea submissions, how we decide which ideas to implement, and which criteria is taken into account for what gets prioritized.
We’re looking forward to seeing more of your contributions here and are glad to have you as a part of our community!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Soren
Denali

Hello @AM and thank you for your post. In regards to your question about which features proposed in this space have been introduced -- a quick way to identify that is by filtering our ideas by the “Delivered” status. I’d like to point out that the Community Hub was only launched 4 months ago, but our “What's New?” blog posts contain all updates that have been implemented. These updates are now being shared here, too, and you can easily find them by navigating to the Whats New label.
Discussions here in the Community Hub are certainly very valuable and are the ideal way to surface feature suggestions, bug reports, and much more. Prior to launching this space, we found that all sorts of feedback and ideas would be shared on external sites, diffused and overlooked, leading to people feeling unheard and frustrated. By having a formal Ideas hub we are primarily centralizing feedback and ideas where they can be shared broadly and voted on by Strava athletes, and secondly, can be reviewed and prioritized collectively by our internal teams in order of community popularity and feasibility.
We have people on many of our internal teams browsing through the discussion boards and popular ideas to gather feedback for future developments. In case you haven’t seen our Community Guide to Ideas yet, it explains what we’re looking for in idea submissions, how we decide which ideas to implement, and which criteria is taken into account for what gets prioritized.
We’re looking forward to seeing more of your contributions here and are glad to have you as a part of our community!

Thanks for the answer. Well, the "Delivered" selection looks very strange to me, but still -- it seems good that you run this process of gathering community feedback.