cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch power data not syncing to Strava

cutty
Shkhara

I have used Stryd and COROS power in the past. Strava parses that information and includes the data on the iOS app (but not on the web app). 

The new Apple Watch OS now provides running power data. This information does now show up anywhere on Strava, even the iOS app. When I sync the file to TrainingPeaks using HealthFit, the power data is visible and reported.

Is this a Strava issue or an Apple issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi cutty,

Since running power on the Apple Watch is new with the latest OS, it's not set up on our side to process that data.  I saw you posted this as a suggestion on our Ideas Board.  Thanks for doing that. 

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Jana_S
Pico de Orizaba

@cutty While the feature still isn’t implemented (I too wish it was!), I’ve accidentally stumbled upon a workaround. I’ve used RunGap to import one of my AW runs to Strava instead of the usual direct Health>Strava sync, and to my surprise, the power data appeared on the Strava activity. It’s not ideal - as it requires some extra effort and RunGap isn’t free - but I thought I’d post the information here, just in case you (or anyone) find it useful. 

And, fingers crossed that the feature gets implemented rather sooner than later. Come on Strava, it’s 2024…

SeymourBikes
Shkhara

This is now in the idea section. Please vote for it if you are into it - https://communityhub.strava.com/t5/ideas/apple-watch-add-more-stats-power-cadence-vertical-oscillati...

cutty
Shkhara

Thanks Jane. I can't pretend to know how any of the back-end data works, but obviously Strava is set-up to parse the power data from the other running watches out there. Crazy to think neither Apple or Strava got together to sort/test this out during the Beta phase!

cutty
Shkhara

I'm confused why it would show from other watches but not an Apple Watch though... the data is clearly in the file!

Hi cutty,

Since running power on the Apple Watch is new with the latest OS, it's not set up on our side to process that data.  I saw you posted this as a suggestion on our Ideas Board.  Thanks for doing that. 

Jane (she/her)

Hi Jane, I’m having a similar issue for my cycling power meter for cycling activities recorded in watchOS Activities app. The power data shows in Health, but not in the synced activity on Strava. 

Agree on this, it seems like only the heart rate data is being uploaded. Would love to see that all information including cadence and power to be ported over to Strava as well.

It’s been over a year now.  Is there any work on this happening? Id love to be able to actually use my Apple Watch to its full potential and still use the Strava app.  Seems like something that should be manage, specially since you’re getting so much more in premium subscribers now.  Not sure where my extra money is going. 

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi cutty,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on  Apple Watch Running power.  We do not currently show this on the Strava activity page on either Mobile or Web.

This sounds like the perfect idea to share to our Ideas Board so that others can also vote on your idea. We kindly ask that you review our Idea Guidelines, particularly the “What makes a good idea” section, to ensure that your ideas are clear, concise, and can reach as many others as possible.

Thank you for your contribution, we value your input.

Jane (she/her)