cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This post has been escalated to our Support team for one of the following reasons: it requires sharing personal information, the intervention of an admin, or multiple exchanges. We may also escalate to our Support team if a topic is highly complex or technical.

End of activity cut-off when syncing

SHawkins83
Shkhara

Hi,

I hope I've put this in the right place.

I've been using Strava for several years, but earlier this year got the Pixel Watch to make my tracking more accurate, to give heart rate etc.  I use the Strava App on the watch and use it for both running and cycling.

Usually, it works well, but on fairly regular occaisions (maybe once a week), I notice that after the activity has uploaded to Strava, the last half mile or so is cut off.  The run is still tracking when I get home, so its not a case of me accidentally hitting 'end' or anything like that.

Geographically, it always seems to cut off in the same sort of area - so I'm wondering if there's something interfering with the signal - but that doesn't really make sense to me as it doesn't happen every time, and normally the tracker wouldn't cut off the activity, it would just keep going until it found a new signal.

I don't know if this is a Strava issue, or a Google Pixel issue, but it's becoming frustrating and I wondered if anyone else had a similar problem.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Soren
Denali

Hello, and thanks for sharing this. Sorry to hear you're occasionally experiencing issues with your activities being cut off near the end when recording with your Pixel Watch. We've escalated this post to our Support team so we can look into it further.

View solution in original post

67 REPLIES 67

Same issue here with SIGMA ROX 11.0. Last 1.5 kilometers of my bike rides are cut of. Very annoying!

Same issue here - I loose the last km on Strava, but Sugma Data centre shows all

Almost 2 months and @stravamh don’t have interesting on solve the problem. Yesterday I lose 20km from 95 I ride. Sad

Having the same issue, since the last 2 weeks, my rides are suddenly cut off 3-5km's before the end in strava. The rides are complete in Sigma Datacenter. My visibility settings in Strava didn't changed and are only setup for 200meters around my house.

I'm having the same issue with my Sigma Rox 11. Sigma Data Center shows the whole ride, but Strava is short by 8 hundredths of a mile to 87 hundredths of a mile. It first happened on November 9th and has happened 3 times since. I use a speed sensor with magnet to record my distance, so even if there is an issue with GPS losing signal (which never happened before this) the distance ought to be the same. 

@StravaSupport , I am having the same issue.

I created a ticket at strava last sunday and got a reply this morning this is an issue with Sigma

------

Thank you for reaching out to Strava. We have confirmed with Sigma's engineers that the issue is on their end and they have requested that athletes currently experiencing problems reach out to their support team for further assistance with resolving the issue. 

You can reach their support team here: https://sigmasport.com/service-center/

I have the same problem with my Rox 11.0, one of my friends has the same with a Rox 12. This is the reply I got from Sigma: 

STRAVA has made some changes to the calculation of the distances. As a result, manual break times are now deducted from your distance traveled at the end of your recording. We have not made a change that is causing the problem, but STRAVA has changed something in the calculation of the distances.

This issue is not present in our applications and in Training Peaks, Komoot etc., but only in STRAVA.

We are looking into how we can now adapt our devices to STRAVA. I cannot tell you at the moment whether this change is possible.

You can use the following workaround:

> Import the .fit file directly via the Strava website

> Only use the automatic pause mode and do not take any manual pauses.

We wish you a nice day.

I really hope this can be fixed, this kind of feels like Strava is forcing me to buy a Garmin or some other bike computer.

I always have been using autopause and tried as test to Upload the fit file, but nothing changed. Still the same cut off. 

I'm not convinved this is the same thing I'm experiencing on my pixel  watch - I don't manually pause my runs (or if I do, its extremely rare).