cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get non-GPS activities from Galaxy Watch to be synced to profile as a workout activity

Piyush
Shkhara

I have been using a Mi Band for tracking all my workouts up till now. It would perform quite neatly and track all my workouts to my Strava profile properly.
For instance, Outdoor Running would get GPS data and time and stuff like that but also Treadmill running would get the time, speed, HR and more data synced to my profile.
In another instance, my weight training, jump rope, core training, HIIT, pilates, etc would sync as 'Morning Workout' to my profile with the time and the calories burnt or HR added to it.

Now I have upgraded to a Galaxy Watch and sadly none of my non-GPS activities get synced to my profile. Not just my weight training and HIIT but even my treadmill runs and spinning workouts are left behind. This is quite unhelpful for me when keeping track of my Relative Effort and other metrics like Power Curve and more.

I and other Galaxy Watch users (as per Reddit) would appreciate this addition. I think if it is the same case for other WearOS gadgets then they all would appreciate it too and not be hesitant when renewing their subscriptions.

If a small developer can do it with their app for instance HealthSync, Strava's team of developers can do it too.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Piyush 

Thanks for your post. It sounds like you're using Samsung Health to record your activities. Samsung does not sync non-GPS activities to Strava. Any feedback on this would be best directed their way, since Strava needs to receive the data file from them before we could display it on the Athlete's Strava profile. Apologies for any confusion over that.

Here is a workaround you could consider though - if your watch supports it, you could install the Strava Wear OS App and record your indoor activities with that. You can find more information at the link below

Using Wear OS and Strava

I hope that helps.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

Jane
Moderator Moderator

We do have an existing open feature suggestion over on our Ideas Board for this. We would welcome your vote (thumbs up button) and any comment you would like to add.  You can view it here

Thank you for your feedback - we appreciate it.

Jane (she/her)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Jane
Moderator Moderator

We do have an existing open feature suggestion over on our Ideas Board for this. We would welcome your vote (thumbs up button) and any comment you would like to add.  You can view it here

Thank you for your feedback - we appreciate it.

Jane (she/her)

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Piyush 

Thanks for your post. It sounds like you're using Samsung Health to record your activities. Samsung does not sync non-GPS activities to Strava. Any feedback on this would be best directed their way, since Strava needs to receive the data file from them before we could display it on the Athlete's Strava profile. Apologies for any confusion over that.

Here is a workaround you could consider though - if your watch supports it, you could install the Strava Wear OS App and record your indoor activities with that. You can find more information at the link below

Using Wear OS and Strava

I hope that helps.

Jane (she/her)

I want to sync all activities between samsung and strava, but strava only takes GPS activity, is there a solution?

no direct solution as such. Either you can download the Strava app on watch and only record all your workouts there. I don't recommend this.

Download this third-party app called HealthSync and let it handle the sync work from Samsung Health to Strava. Works best.

Hi Jane,

I understand that to some extent but don't see how a third-party app by a small developer like HealthSync can get that data across from Samsung Health to Strava and many other services. But Strava devs can't do the same?

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings