cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei Health to Strava

NunoEu
Mt. Kenya
I have a Huawei GT3 watch that I use to track my running activities. This goes to the Huawei Health app. It is disclosed that it is possible to tune with Strava. I did everything right and the application is ok - associated. however only one activity synchronized. No more... does not sI have a Huawei GT3 watch that I use to track my running activities. This goes to the Huawei Health app. It is disclosed that it is possible to tune with Strava. I did everything right and the application is ok - associated. however only one activity synchronized. No more... does not sync.

I have a Huawei GT3 watch that I use to track my running activities. This goes to the Huawei Health app. It is disclosed that it is possible to tune with Strava. I did everything right and the application is ok - associated. however only one activity synchronized. No more... does not sync.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello All,

Thanks for your patience with this.  Unfortunately the issue is not resolved, however we do have some more information and some troubleshooting steps you can try:

Please note: If you are not seeing the ability to connect to Strava under the Data sharing and authorization menu in Huawei Health it is because this integration is only available in select countries.

1. Please make sure both the Huawei Health app and the Strava app are up to date.
  2. Please make sure you are in a region that Huawei has allowed to sync with Strava. If you are not in one of the approved regions you will not be able to sync to Strava.
    1. Europe
    2. Latin America
    3. Asia Pacific
    4. Africa
  3. If you have linked Huawei to Strava please open the Huawei Health app by going to Me > Privacy management > Data syncing Management and make sure you have enabled the following settings.
    1. Sync profile to cloud 
    2. Sync fitness data to Cloud
    3. Sync health data to Cloud
  4. If you do not see the sync options noted in Step 3, please reach out to the Huawei support team.
  5. If after confirming the above steps you are still unable to sync activities please try uninstalling and reinstalling the Huawei Health app. Once reinstalled you may need to reconnect Huawei to Strava.

Finally, if your activities still are not syncing to Strava, please reach out to the Huawei support team for further assistance.

https://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

41 REPLIES 41

Rayman
Mt. Kenya

Hi done a 18k run today on my Huwaei smart watch..on Huwaei app on phone I've got strava account linked to Huwaei but it doesn't seem to work anymore..? It doesn't sync my run.

Any ideas? Ta

Hello @Rayman 

Thanks for posting about this and sorry to hear of the issue.  I've attached some troubleshooting steps here:

If you are not seeing the ability to connect to Strava under the Data sharing and authorization menu in Huawei Health it is because this integration is only available in select countries.

1. Please make sure both the Huawei Health app and the Strava app are up to date.
  2. Please make sure you are in a region that Huawei has allowed to sync with Strava. If you are not in one of the approved regions you will not be able to sync to Strava.
    1. Europe
    2. Latin America
    3. Asia Pacific
    4. Africa
  3. If you have linked Huawei to Strava please open the Huawei Health app by going to Me > Privacy management > Data syncing Management and make sure you have enabled the following settings.
    1. Sync profile to cloud 
  4. If you do not see the sync options noted in Step 3, please reach out to the Huawei support team.
  5. If after confirming the above steps you are still unable to sync activities please try uninstalling and reinstalling the Huawei Health app. Once reinstalled you may need to reconnect Huawei to Strava.

Finally, if your activities still are not syncing to Strava, please reach out to the Huawei support team for further assistance.

Jane (she/her)

rafal
Mt. Kenya

Nothing worked for me. I am in Europe and none of the activities will sync with Strava.

biozob
Mt. Kenya

I have same problem, i bought Huawei GT2 because i want to track all of my activities and sync them to Strava but the watch 2-3 years later doesnt sync... Link is broken and it does not sync anything. Please fix thit asap.... becauase a lots of people are heartbroken and stop using the watch and switch to some other brands. Thanks!

rustykiwi
Mt. Kenya

Hi,

I've seen a post or two but it hasn't solved my issue. Im in New Zealand and from what I can see this should fall under Asia Pacific but I don't get the option to add Strava in my Huawei Health app. 

I wanted to confirm if this was actually available here.

Thanks.

Hello @rustykiwi 

Sorry to hear of the difficulty and yes, it should be available in New Zealand.  If you're still having problems, the best action would be to reach out to the Huawei support team for further assistance.

Jane (she/her)

mariaagwabta
Mt. Kenya

I have the same issue. The data won’t sync to strava

Chris_Gregory
Mt. Kenya

I've had he same issue, the problem seems to be dependent on the activity. The only activities I've found that are compatable with Strava are 'outdoor run' and 'outdoor walk'.

It's a bit frustrating as I've recorded several Hikes and pool swims which can't be shared. But so long as its land based just record your activities as 'outdoor walk' or 'outdoor run' and it seems to register.

If Strava or huawei could resolve this though it would be much appreciated. 

I have the same issue, outdoor walk are synced but hiking is not.

Why is that a problem?

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello All,

Thanks for your patience with this.  Unfortunately the issue is not resolved, however we do have some more information and some troubleshooting steps you can try:

Please note: If you are not seeing the ability to connect to Strava under the Data sharing and authorization menu in Huawei Health it is because this integration is only available in select countries.

1. Europe
    2. Latin America
    3. Asia Pacific
    4. Africa
    1. Sync profile to cloud 

Jane (she/her)