cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei Health to Strava

NunoEu
Mt. Kenya
I have a Huawei GT3 watch that I use to track my running activities. This goes to the Huawei Health app. It is disclosed that it is possible to tune with Strava. I did everything right and the application is ok - associated. however only one activity synchronized. No more... does not sI have a Huawei GT3 watch that I use to track my running activities. This goes to the Huawei Health app. It is disclosed that it is possible to tune with Strava. I did everything right and the application is ok - associated. however only one activity synchronized. No more... does not sync.

I have a Huawei GT3 watch that I use to track my running activities. This goes to the Huawei Health app. It is disclosed that it is possible to tune with Strava. I did everything right and the application is ok - associated. however only one activity synchronized. No more... does not sync.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello All,

Thanks for your patience with this.  Unfortunately the issue is not resolved, however we do have some more information and some troubleshooting steps you can try:

Please note: If you are not seeing the ability to connect to Strava under the Data sharing and authorization menu in Huawei Health it is because this integration is only available in select countries.

1. Please make sure both the Huawei Health app and the Strava app are up to date.
  2. Please make sure you are in a region that Huawei has allowed to sync with Strava. If you are not in one of the approved regions you will not be able to sync to Strava.
    1. Europe
    2. Latin America
    3. Asia Pacific
    4. Africa
  3. If you have linked Huawei to Strava please open the Huawei Health app by going to Me > Privacy management > Data syncing Management and make sure you have enabled the following settings.
    1. Sync profile to cloud 
    2. Sync fitness data to Cloud
    3. Sync health data to Cloud
  4. If you do not see the sync options noted in Step 3, please reach out to the Huawei support team.
  5. If after confirming the above steps you are still unable to sync activities please try uninstalling and reinstalling the Huawei Health app. Once reinstalled you may need to reconnect Huawei to Strava.

Finally, if your activities still are not syncing to Strava, please reach out to the Huawei support team for further assistance.

https://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

52 REPLIES 52

Hunts
Mt. Kenya

Hi.  If you press an activity other than Outdoor Run or Walk on watch, data syncs to Health App but NOT to Strava. Outdoor Run or Walk if fine.  I have G3 watch to Huawei Health on phone to Strava on phone and then to Active Hub on phone

Chillyzi
Shkhara

Same problem with GT4... I think bug is on the Huawei Health side. This is not acceptable to have this issue for such a long time as I see here in this topic.

I agree with you, really annoying issue. I was rowing and cross training and apparently all my records are stuck in Huawei App only. Pretty disappointed, will return to Garmin.

I ended up setting up a new Huawei health account but "in" the United kingdom where the function is available. Works fine now..... Shame that I lost the health data from my original account but I figured that'll build back up.

alee
Mt. Kenya

hello there, i have the same problem with my gt3 

Former Member
Not applicable

Do I understand right? What, synchronization between `huawei health kit ==>> strava` happens between huawei and strava servers? and not from my app directly to strava?
I tried the `health sync` app and after about 5 syncs with the strava servers I hit your server request limits. That is, it seems that you are throttling number of requests. This leads to the data being out of sync at some point. And this has nothing to do with what the support writes above about being in a particular country. For people, synchronization first works, after a while it stops working, there is no stable work.
And why is sync done via `health sync` better than directly `huawei health kit ==>> strava` ?
It turns out that a third-party developer has found a way to get more data from the huawei health kit and upload it to strava?

Rayman
Mt. Kenya

Hi done a 18k run today on my Huwaei smart watch..on Huwaei app on phone I've got strava account linked to Huwaei but it doesn't seem to work anymore..? It doesn't sync my run.

Any ideas? Ta

Hello @Rayman 

Thanks for posting about this and sorry to hear of the issue.  I've attached some troubleshooting steps here:

If you are not seeing the ability to connect to Strava under the Data sharing and authorization menu in Huawei Health it is because this integration is only available in select countries.

1. Please make sure both the Huawei Health app and the Strava app are up to date.
  2. Please make sure you are in a region that Huawei has allowed to sync with Strava. If you are not in one of the approved regions you will not be able to sync to Strava.
    1. Europe
    2. Latin America
    3. Asia Pacific
    4. Africa
  3. If you have linked Huawei to Strava please open the Huawei Health app by going to Me > Privacy management > Data syncing Management and make sure you have enabled the following settings.
    1. Sync profile to cloud 
    2. Sync fitness data to Cloud
    3. Sync health data to Cloud
  4. If you do not see the sync options noted in Step 3, please reach out to the Huawei support team.
  5. If after confirming the above steps you are still unable to sync activities please try uninstalling and reinstalling the Huawei Health app. Once reinstalled you may need to reconnect Huawei to Strava.

Finally, if your activities still are not syncing to Strava, please reach out to the Huawei support team for further assistance.

https://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

rafal
Mt. Kenya

Nothing worked for me. I am in Europe and none of the activities will sync with Strava.

biozob
Mt. Kenya

I have same problem, i bought Huawei GT2 because i want to track all of my activities and sync them to Strava but the watch 2-3 years later doesnt sync... Link is broken and it does not sync anything. Please fix thit asap.... becauase a lots of people are heartbroken and stop using the watch and switch to some other brands. Thanks!