cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[KNOWN ISSUE] Fitbit to Strava sync looses GPS track information

ise
Shkhara

Recently I face an issue that my Fitbit activities are not synced correctly. All the data are correct: distance, heartbeat and so on. But the GPS track stops in Strava after 2 km, no matter how long the track is in Fitbit. My last three activities face this issue and it worked before without any issue. 

I have already disconnect the accounts and connects them again, but without any luck.

Do any other Fitbit user face this issue or can give me a hint why this happens? It's annoying because it's start out of the sudden. I have attached screenshots of my last activity.

That's shown in Strava:

1000054827.png

And this in Fitbit:

1000054822.png

Thanks,

Daniel 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Scout
Moderator Moderator

👋 Hello everyone!

Thanks for your patience while we investigated this issue. Our team has found that the map being displayed on Strava is reflective of all the GPS data that was recorded in the file. This may mean that FitBit lost GPS connection and they are using cellular data to fill in the location for the remainder of the activity.

We would recommend that you make sure your device is up to date with the latest firmware and that your FitBit device and app are also updated. If, after recording a new activity, you are still noticing the same issue, please reach out to FitBit support for additional troubleshooting steps. You can contact FitBit support here.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

Marc_
Strava
Strava

Hello All! 

Marc here with another update. Fitbit's team has confirmed with us that they are still working on this issue regarding data/map discrepancies in the activities that they are syncing over to 3rd party connections, like Strava. 
We still do not have an ETA from them about a fix but they have added the issue to their status dashboard last week: https://status.fitbit.com/incidents/D6j3uhKPGKKsJjNoxsp7
You can check there to see if the issue is still ongoing otherwise I will also post a follow-up here in this thread once we get word that the issue has been resolved by Fitbit. 

Thanks for the patience and understanding all! 

View solution in original post

72 REPLIES 72

JanieF
Mt. Kenya

I found exporting the file from Fitbit, deleting the activity on Strava and then uploading that activity file successfully restored the full map and all the data. 

Yoshi
Shkhara

I submitted a ticket to Strava Support as I thought this community is independent from Strava.
It's not dificult just access to the page from below link.
After chatting with chatbot, we can ask questions via email.
When Strava gets same questions or requests from many users, they prioratize it.
That might solve the issue immediately.

Hoping Fitbit users here request a lot. 
https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

quinnhk
Mt. Kenya

Obviously nonsense. As other posters said, if you delete the auto-synced activity and re-upload manually, the issue is fixed.

Image (1).pngImage.pngUntitled.png

crowbro
Mt. Kenya

Seems to be a problem with the sync between Fitbit and Strava. Specifically syncing the <LatitudeDegrees> <LongitudeDegrees>

As others have mentioned I am able to manually upload the .tcx file and it works. This means that Fitbit is correctly recording the GPS coordinates. It also explains how the map is correct in Fitbit.

Downloading a failed sync .tcx from Strava shows the GPS coordinates are all the same after a certain point in the ride. Interestingly all other data like <Time> <DistanceMeters> <HeartRateBpm> seems accurate.

Scdublin
Mt. Kenya

I'm having the same issue the last few weeks. It just happened to me again this morning so the issue is not resolved (I've checked for app updates, restarted my phone and watch etc).

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Thank you all for your posts and sorry for the trouble.

As a reminder, if you would like our team to take a closer look at your activity, please submit a help ticket and send over the FitBit file to our support team. Please be sure to include the device & version you are using as well and our team will further investigate. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

crowbro
Mt. Kenya

Just posting here as another person that is encountering the same issue. My cycling works sometimes but mostly cuts off after a few kilometers. 

I ride most days and it seems that it started on July 19th

erickitten
Mt. Kenya

Yes, I've also seen this.

Downloading TCX file from Fitbit and uploading it seems to produce the correct path though.

This works. Thank you. Old submission must be deleted first

CorinaN
Mt. Kenya

Same issue here! Since a few days it often shows incomplete GPS in strava, although the map is complete in Fitbit.