cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sander198507
Mt. Kenya

Is it possible to make a "city mode" option.

When you drive through a city or village your avg speed is not being measured so there is no stimulus to drive fast or take stupid risks.

I think this will make the cycling a lot more enjoyable.

3 Comments
Soren
Denali

Hey @Sander198507 we appreciate your participation in the Community. It’s not entirely clear from your post what you’re suggesting here. Do you mind elaborating and including more details on the topic? We kindly ask that you review our Ideas guidelines, particularly the “What makes a good idea” section, to ensure that your ideas are clear, concise, and can reach as many others as possible.

LandonE
Pico de Orizaba

While i think your idea might sound cool, theres a couple problems with it: firstly, who would decide where the city starts and ends? Would it be something with GPS? Would strava developers have to go on every city and draw a border around it to mark around cities? I dont really know how they could realistically set these borders. Secondly, there are many many people who commute to work in a city or only ride around in urban areas, so would they be stuck using city mode all the time? Maybe you could make it a toggle, but then i wouldnt really see that many people using it so it wouldn’t make sense to add it. Finally, a few solutions: You could simply pause your ride during the time that you are in the city (also saves your average speed), you could just not look at your speed or leave strava on the map page or something or finally learn to control your primal urges to go fast and just ride safely in cities.

Status changed to: Archived
Soren
Denali

We haven't heard back from you @Sander198507 and will be archiving this idea due to lack of clarity. @LandonE made some really good points and suggestions.

Feel free to submit a new idea. 
If you haven’t yet, please review our Ideas guidelines, particularly the “What makes a good idea” section, to ensure that your ideas are clear, concise, and can reach as many others as possible.