cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Athlete and Segment search are gone?

pimentium
Shkhara

Hi

With the recent web UI update I can't find a way to search for an athlete or segment. These 2 features are gone forever or I can expect to have them back? I think they are essential to have and it is not nice to remove them without any communication.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

anchskier
Denali

They moved the athlete search, but it is still there.  You just have to click on the magnifying glass symbol near the top left side of the page.  It will pull up a search option pulldown menu to search for Athletes, Clubs, or Segments.  See the link below for details: 

Finding & Inviting Friends to Strava: Website – Strava Support

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

DerekJ
Shkhara

But where has Segment Explore gone?

There is 'Segments' button/menu on the top of the new map ("Map" menu). You can use to show segments on this map with required filter.

pimentium_0-1713889714286.png

Thanks to you and the others who just answered.    

@DerekJ - It is under the "maps" tab.  Once you open that, you have to click on the "segments" button across the top and also make sure you have the correct activity type selected on the left side of the screen.

anchskier
Denali

They moved the athlete search, but it is still there.  You just have to click on the magnifying glass symbol near the top left side of the page.  It will pull up a search option pulldown menu to search for Athletes, Clubs, or Segments.  See the link below for details: 

Finding & Inviting Friends to Strava: Website – Strava Support

But whatever name I typed there, it showed me nothing 😞

It does search for me if I enter a name and press Enter key or magnifying glass button.

Oh, it is a really nice place to hide a dead body.

Thank you!

Jan_Mantau
Denali

I 'm wondering the same. Segment search wasn't ever much useful but athlete search often gave satisfying results.