cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create running routes on website not routing properly

WardyRuns
Mt. Kenya

Anyone else having problems with route planning?  Since last week, creating running routes has been problematic, with routes diverting off from roads even when 'follow most direct' is selected.  It's making route planning a pain, wondered if it's a known issue for others?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hello @WardyRuns and @mercerkg

Thanks for your patience; the fix for this issue has been deployed. If you are still having issues, please update the Strava app to the latest version. 

Thank you for posting about this!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Steve37
Mt. Kenya

I am having the same issues on a computer. Routes are impossible to plot right now.

Paddy
Shkhara

Was this ever fixed?  I am having the same issues, as the route that I am creating detours the long way around and I know the road goes straight through.  This is a major pain and the only reason to pay for the subscription. 

mercerkg
Pico de Orizaba

@Paddy , did you get this sorted?

An issue I’ve noticed is that Strava routing will take a “detour” onto a (sometimes) only slightly more popular route. This can be overridden by changing to the “most direct” option or by putting a waypoint on the section tou want to use (or both!).

an alternative explanation can be a base map error. This would be if Strava will not route through a known road because it’s not mapped completely on openstreetmap. The short term fix is to “manual” across the gap. If someone fixes the error on OSM it will eventually rectify on routing but only when the occasional update occurs.

There used to be an option to flag map errors on the desktop website or you can register as an OSM mapper if you’re inclined…

Happy to take a look if you can give the precise location….

Yes I did get this sorted by switching to manual mode, it is a toggle on the left side of the screen. Thanks for the reply.

Hi 

Thanks for posting and sorry for the trouble. If you haven't done so, please update the Strava app to the latest version. If you still have issues after doing this, please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.  

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Thanks for the reply Scout.  That is not the fix as I was on your website, not the app.  

For anyone experiencing the same issues, you need to switch to ‘manual’ mode for creating a route.

FYI, I have been riding that new road for 3 years now, I think Strava has to update their maps as I am not sure why it would not permit me to use/create that section.

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hello @WardyRuns and @mercerkg

Thanks for your patience; the fix for this issue has been deployed. If you are still having issues, please update the Strava app to the latest version. 

Thank you for posting about this!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

For those of us on iPads or Computers, is there a plan to address this on the web interface as well?

Was this fixed?