cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This post has been escalated to our Support team for one of the following reasons: it requires sharing personal information, the intervention of an admin, or multiple exchanges. We may also escalate to our Support team if a topic is highly complex or technical.

How to remove/mute "motivational" messages from Strava

pssaenz
Shkhara

Since a few weeks ago Strava is at it again with pushing "features" down your throat. Now among the notifications for an activity I have to read Strava's stupid "motivational" messages (you're doing great, keep at it, da da da). Anyone can help me get rid of those?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello,

Thanks to everyone who has commented and provided feedback.  The testing phase is completed and these notifications are now in production. 

While this cannot be completely disabled, you do have the ability to disable the push notification. Push notifications are "pushed" to your mobile device when the Strava app is either closed or running in the background.

This can be turned off by going to:

You Tab
Settings (top right)
Push Notifications
Un-toggling Device Activity Synced

The push notification settings do not affect the in-app notifications you receive in the mobile app or on the Strava website. 

Again, we appreciate the feedback and it has been passed along to the Team.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

111 REPLIES 111

AndreasNordal
Mt. Kenya

STOP THE FEATURE!
Or at least give us an obtion button.
Im a grown man. I do not need an Machine telling me im a good boy for doing a workout!

I think we need to all start creating Strava support tickets. Nobody from Strava seems to be paying attention to this thread

Jan_Mantau
Superuser
Superuser

@optimisticprom Exactly the different wording is the problem: These infantile cheers make me cringe and the other problem is the everchanging text so I always have to think twice before I'm sure this is really the notification for quickly accessing my newest activity.

optimisticprom
Pico de Orizaba

Hasn't this push notification always been around? It was just different wording before. Previously it would read something like "You just uploaded an activity - see the stats here." They just changed the wording to be less official and a little more cheery. Is that really so bad?

Yes, it's that bad. It undermines the value of words just like how the fed printing more money undermines the value of the money you already have.

I already get so many activity alerts in my feed. I want to see the ones from my friends that I can personally recognize. When my feed it half full with useless kudos from Strava bots, I'm far less likely to keep scrolling through to find actual notifications that matter. Its just stupid noise

It's fine, if you are in 3rd grade.

Even the 5 year old Hambini would find this insulting!

They appear more frequently without having reached any milestone, and there's no way to turn them off. There should be an option "Receive patronizing notification     On / Off"

BikeRunWalk
Mt. Kenya

Please get rid of the motivational messages and ask me to look at my Strave!  Very annoying!