cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyperlink in Bio no Coming

Vijender
Shkhara

I CANNOT PUT MY GROUP LINK IN MY PROFILE BIO, WHY SO?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Vijender 

It is possible to add a valid URL to the bio in your Strava profile.

1. Log into your Strava account at www.strava.com
  2. Locate your profile photo at the top right corner of the page and hover your cursor over it to reveal the drop-down menu
  3. Select 'Settings' then find the 'My Profile' tab from the menu listed on the left
  4. Look for the "Profile Bio" field at the bottom of the page and then select the edit icon (pencil) to add the link.

Please give that a try and let us know if that information was helpful.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Vijender 

It is possible to add a valid URL to the bio in your Strava profile.

1. Log into your Strava account at www.strava.com
  2. Locate your profile photo at the top right corner of the page and hover your cursor over it to reveal the drop-down menu
  3. Select 'Settings' then find the 'My Profile' tab from the menu listed on the left
  4. Look for the "Profile Bio" field at the bottom of the page and then select the edit icon (pencil) to add the link.

Please give that a try and let us know if that information was helpful.

Jane (she/her)

Hi Jane,

has the feature for mobile app been implemented yet? Having a link to i.e. fundraising pages is critical for a successful charity running initiative!

Riccardo

I second @Vijender , the solution you provided does not work @Jane . At least not for unpaid subscribers. 

Hello @5elements 

Sorry to hear that.  Can you check and confirm the link you are pasting into your profile bio is valid URL?  If it is, and you're still having the issue, please submit a support ticket and someone from our Support Team will be happy to work with you to investigate further.

Jane (she/her)

@Jane My investigation reveals it is a non mobile feature, desktop only. In the screenshot below, next to this persons Strava profile, his primary club is clickable, thus re-directing you to a hyperlink from a valid URL he inserted in his profile - my bio section in the settings feature. 

This does not show to be an option for me in MY settings feature under my bio. I know how to insert hyperlinks. (usually right clicking on a word does the trick)

I do see he has a paid subscription, and I do not. Is this what keeps non-paid subscriber's from having this feature?  

5elements_0-1698078229070.png

Hi @5elements 

Thanks for your reply.  Yes, this feature must be accessed on the Web but you do not need a Subscription to insert a URL in your profile bio.  I would encourage you to please submit a support ticket and someone from our Support Team will be happy to work with you to investigate further.

Jane (she/her)

It Is showing to enter, but in profile, link appears as text (not clickable). Is verified or premium membership needed to put clickable link?