cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual input of training impulse

mruscoe
Mt. Kenya

Is it possible to manually input training impulse on the Freshness and Fitness page? Power meter wasn't working on a recent ride, so no entry was made on this Strava page. A significant uptick in fitness would have occurred if the data had been registered. So my fitness curve is not reflective of actual fitness. 

On Training Peaks, data can be manually inputted such that it adjusts fitness based on your estimates. Even if not totally accurate, it seems better than a curve which doesn't move at all based on the lack of data. 

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @mruscoe 

Thanks for posting about this.  There isn't a way to add a training impulse.  Do you also record heart rate on your rides?  If so, you can also view your Fitness on the web using Relative Effort only (we calculate your relative effort using your heart rate data).  You'll need to make sure you select that in the drop-down menu.  See image below:

Screenshot 2023-11-30 at 9.06.57 AM.png

If you didn't record heart rate, you can still add a perceived exertion to the activity to get a relative effort score.  I hope that information is helpful.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @mruscoe 

Thanks for posting about this.  There isn't a way to add a training impulse.  Do you also record heart rate on your rides?  If so, you can also view your Fitness on the web using Relative Effort only (we calculate your relative effort using your heart rate data).  You'll need to make sure you select that in the drop-down menu.  See image below:

Screenshot 2023-11-30 at 9.06.57 AM.png

If you didn't record heart rate, you can still add a perceived exertion to the activity to get a relative effort score.  I hope that information is helpful.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team