cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi Sport Support

dsm1891
Pico de Orizaba

Hey,

Strava has always traditionally been focused on Cyclists, but more and more features are coming out for additional sports. I would like Strava to better support Multi sport, in both activities and athletes stats/data.

One way I would like to see this done is allowing the user to set HR Zones per sport type. Currently its a one size fits all which does not fit for athletes who cycle and run.

Having this support will also allow Strava to give much better relative effort data. An athlete  might make a habit of going on 2 hour cycle rides Strava sees this athlete can perform for 2 hours, but it doesn't care which sport. On another day the Athlete may go for a 20min run which exhausts them much more than the regular ride they do. But Strava doesn't care, Strava sees they have only done 16% of the work they typically do, so it marks it as a low effort, something it was not. I can't say for sure this is the way Strava works, but this is based on my own experience of using the app for years.

Another MultiSport feature I would love to see is being able to mark/link/unify triathlon or brick activates. The user experience is always quite clunky, and its hard to view as a single effort/activity when looking at past activities.

I hope these suggestions will improve the experience for all Multi sport athletes 🙂     

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on multi sport activity enhancements. This sounds like the perfect idea to share to our Feature Suggestion board, so that others can also vote on your idea. We kindly ask that you review our Feature Suggestions guidelines, particularly the “What makes a good idea” section, to ensure that your ideas are clear, concise, and can reach as many others as possible.

Thank you for your contribution, we value your input.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Scout
Moderator Moderator

This suggestion has now been posted to our Ideas board. You can head over to this page and add your vote. You can also learn more about feedback and idea submissions here

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on multi sport activity enhancements. This sounds like the perfect idea to share to our Feature Suggestion board, so that others can also vote on your idea. We kindly ask that you review our Feature Suggestions guidelines, particularly the “What makes a good idea” section, to ensure that your ideas are clear, concise, and can reach as many others as possible.

Thank you for your contribution, we value your input.

Jane (she/her)

dsm1891
Pico de Orizaba

Ah thanks Jane! I didnt realise there was a feature suggestion board, figured this was the correct place. I'll repost it in that board, many thanks!

Patrick
Mt. Kenya

All of these ideas would be awesome. I welcome any improvements to enhance the multisport tracking that a a triathlete wants to do.

In addition to putting in triathlon and bricks, it would be great to be able to also note transition times somehow in the larger triathlon entry and not have 5 separate entries for a triathlon.