cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(RESOLVED) 2024/2023 numbers on Strava suddenly missing over HALF of data

El_Guapo
Mt. Kenya

Just logged in this afternoon and my 2024 AND 2023 totals are WAAAAY off.  Looks like over 2/3rds of my miles,rides,elevation are gone.  Looked at several athletes I follow and same thing.  Our 2022 and earlier numbers are all correct.  But our 2023 and 2024 numbers are suddenly waaaaay low.  The weekly totals are correct and the rides are all there to see.  But the totals are off.  Screenshot below is from this afternoon.  This morning Strava correctly reflected me having 220 activities for 2024, 7737.8 miles and 410,081 feet elevation gain.  Now it shows 84 activities, 3083 miles and 113,519 feet elevation gain?  What gives.  I am a premium member as well.  Funny how our monthly fees just went up and then this.

Strava error.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

👋 Hi All! 

Thanks to everyone who posted about this. I've received word that this should now be fixed, Please take a look and let me know if you are still having the issue.

Thanks for your patience!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Scout
Moderator Moderator

👋 Hi All! 

Thanks to everyone who posted about this. I've received word that this should now be fixed, Please take a look and let me know if you are still having the issue.

Thanks for your patience!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Scout
Moderator Moderator

👋 Hey All, 
Quick update; Our team has informed us that the fix will go out later today. I will post a follow up once this has been done. Thank you for your patience!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Scout
Moderator Moderator

👋 Hi all!
Thanks for the posts. We are aware of this issue and are working on solving it as quickly as possible. We will post an update when we get more info from our team about this.

Thank you for your patience. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Ciao Scout,
Thanks for the reply.
If Strava sticks to the decision, which personally I do not like, to strike all indoor-cycling activities from the “Ride” yearly total (like it has been done for the “Best Efforts”), it would be much appreciated if it would at least consider introducing the possibility of having different totals, i.e. “All cycling”, “Cycling”, “Virtual cycling”, like it is done for the weekly totals on the app … it would be pitiful to have to revert to an Excel-Spreadsheet to keep track of the yearly totals ...
Thank you very much and best regards.
Ale

ammilam
Shkhara

I submitted a ticket to support and received a link to an article stating that virtual rides do count towards yearly totals. Guess we will see what happens. 

ammilam
Shkhara

I am guessing now indoor rides do not count in totals listed on desktop? 

I guessed this might be the case also. Otherwise I have no explanation for the reduction in yearly total.

Ooooh.  That looks likely.  My 220 total rides in 2024 comprise 136 Zwift rides.  Subtracting that number gets me to 84 which is the total "outdoor" rides in 2024.  Wonder why Strava made this sudden change without telling anyone?  Very VERY confusing decision on their part.

ammilam
Shkhara

Mine is correct on the mobile version (phone) but the desktop version is about 500 miles short. Looking back over the past few years they seem to be incorrect as well.