cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start Points map feature

Vincent
Shkhara

Hello,

I have some difficulty to really appreciate the Start Points feature on map because it’s misleading with real geographic points.

For instanceI can see ‘Start Point to [summit name] with written below ‘x nb of routes’ but I can not see where is this ‘summit name’ which I am interested in.

And it arrived that I used the start point location instead of the geographical destination point due to this confusion.

If it may be difficult to ensure that associated geographical destination of a Start Point is displayed (such as straight dashed lines in between) I guess it could be possible to see the routes which are associated to those start points ?

From my knowledge, I was not able to see them, but only the suggested routes corresponding to the active criteria. (following https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/4420443741453)

Thanks in advance for any additional explanation !

Vincent

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hi Vincent!

Thanks for reaching out. Popular Start Points are based on aggregated and de-identified athlete data, and won't necessarily be based on only your own activities or geo-location data provided by OpenStreetMap. This may result in Start Points that have names that are out of context or refer to a destination rather than the Start Point itself.

As we introduce the new features and functionalities of the Maps tab, we are taking in feedback from our community of athletes, and we are going to keep evolving how we surface the right set of data in the future. We appreciate your feedback and we're glad to have you part of the community!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hi Vincent!

Thanks for reaching out. Popular Start Points are based on aggregated and de-identified athlete data, and won't necessarily be based on only your own activities or geo-location data provided by OpenStreetMap. This may result in Start Points that have names that are out of context or refer to a destination rather than the Start Point itself.

As we introduce the new features and functionalities of the Maps tab, we are taking in feedback from our community of athletes, and we are going to keep evolving how we surface the right set of data in the future. We appreciate your feedback and we're glad to have you part of the community!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings