cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This post has been escalated to our Support team for one of the following reasons: it requires sharing personal information, the intervention of an admin, or multiple exchanges. We may also escalate to our Support team if a topic is highly complex or technical.

End of activity cut-off when syncing

SHawkins83
Shkhara

Hi,

I hope I've put this in the right place.

I've been using Strava for several years, but earlier this year got the Pixel Watch to make my tracking more accurate, to give heart rate etc.  I use the Strava App on the watch and use it for both running and cycling.

Usually, it works well, but on fairly regular occaisions (maybe once a week), I notice that after the activity has uploaded to Strava, the last half mile or so is cut off.  The run is still tracking when I get home, so its not a case of me accidentally hitting 'end' or anything like that.

Geographically, it always seems to cut off in the same sort of area - so I'm wondering if there's something interfering with the signal - but that doesn't really make sense to me as it doesn't happen every time, and normally the tracker wouldn't cut off the activity, it would just keep going until it found a new signal.

I don't know if this is a Strava issue, or a Google Pixel issue, but it's becoming frustrating and I wondered if anyone else had a similar problem.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Soren
Denali

Hello, and thanks for sharing this. Sorry to hear you're occasionally experiencing issues with your activities being cut off near the end when recording with your Pixel Watch. We've escalated this post to our Support team so we can look into it further.

View solution in original post

68 REPLIES 68

Yes, I know. This solution already was gave here

Yes but that is not solution, Sigma is **bleep**y company and that is it

I made a test with a previous activity that was correctly imported and interpreted on STRAVA (the distance was accurate). I deleted it from STRAVA, exported it in .FIT format from SIGMA DATA CENTER, and re-imported it into STRAVA. However, the distance was no longer correct. I imported the same .FIT file into GARMIN CONNECT (the inventor of the .FIT format), and my activity was complete. The issue lies with a change in STRAVA."

Well, I already wrote to Sigma and they throw back the issue to strava. Sad... and ever I can, write here in this hub. I think there are someone from Strava reading us

cordresmith
Shkhara

On my last 114km ride only 0.4km was uploaded.  Fit file also not right.  Seems the tcx file works

Yes, my friend! I knew that yesterday and reload my activities in Strava. That works! Thanks

AlenBat
Pico de Orizaba

I have same problem and I send email to Strava.They told me there is a problem that Sigma must resolve.

This is very very annoyng...Sigma left us in dark and they doesnt care...is there any solution yet ???

Does Rox 11.1 work properly?

Marc (Help Center)

Dec 8, 2023, 5:07 PM MST

Hi Alen,

Thank you for reaching out to Strava. We are aware of an issue where Sigma activities are syncing with a shortened distance following updates we made from our end. We have confirmed with Sigma's engineers that the issue is related to auto pauses recorded on their end and they are investigating further and are working on a fix at this time. Their team has requested that athletes currently experiencing problems reach out to their support team for further assistance with resolving the issue. 

You can reach their support team here: https://sigmasport.com/service-center/

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. 

I had the exact same reply from strava. Contacted sigma, but not answer on my mail yet. I have exported my route to a GPX file and checked with https://gpx.studio/  for example and the GPX is correct and is not missing any data or is cut off. IMHO the problem is strava itself. Last weekend  almost 9km's got cut off of my ride.

But as with many software developers the problem is never on there end.... Standard reply.

It’s a shame! How could we pay to use the app if they don’t care about us?

I have the same problem with my Rox 11.0. I contacted Sigma service center and they give me some workarounds but useless... I think the problem is with Strava app because Sigma didn't made any update on Rox 11.0 devices on last 2 months and until there, all works well. Besides this, in Sigma apps the activities are full and perfectly uploaded!