cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This post has been escalated to our Support team for one of the following reasons: it requires sharing personal information, the intervention of an admin, or multiple exchanges. We may also escalate to our Support team if a topic is highly complex or technical.

Incomplete sync with Garmin Oregon

JerryEvans69
Mt. Kenya

Hi

I have two Garmin devices which I sync regularly with Strava. My Garmin Forerunner watch syncs perfectly every time. However, in the last few weeks my Garmin Oregon 700 only partially syncs. I only get the first part of the activity (typically 10-40%) appearing on Strava. The whole activity appears fine in Garmin Connect, so I assume this a Strava problem. Please could you advise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @JerryEvans69 

Thanks for posting about this.  This may be related to a known issue with some activities recorded with certain Garmin devices only syncing partially to Strava.  In order to be sure, we would need to take a look at your activity and activity file.

I'm escalating this post to Strava Support and someone will be in touch soon.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

stanley
Mt. Kenya

Hi!
I experienced the same issue since 06-11-2023, informed about it Strava support (Strava ticket 2752813) with activity files provided, but have not received a solution yet.

Menneke
Mt. Kenya

Hello, I have the same problem on my Garmin Montana 750i, syncing partially to Strava, only the part before a pause is registered, the part behind the pause is lost. I Think it's a Strava problem, because on Komoot and garmin Connect there's not a problem.

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @JerryEvans69 

Thanks for posting about this.  This may be related to a known issue with some activities recorded with certain Garmin devices only syncing partially to Strava.  In order to be sure, we would need to take a look at your activity and activity file.

I'm escalating this post to Strava Support and someone will be in touch soon.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Hi Jane,

Has this problem been fixed ? I have a friend who has had this problem with her Garmin GPSmap 66i for the past couple of months.

Regards

Stephen Bevan

What does this 'solution' mean for anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Garmin Orgeon 700, same issue for a couple of months now.

I am also having this issues with my Garmin 66i.  Today it synced about 30s it looked like.

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings