cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigation with Garmin Edge 1040

CreakyCrank
Kilimanjaro

I'm not sure how important navigation is to many on here, but I recently upgraded from an Edge 520 to the Edge 1040, and the navigation capabilities are so much better... it even alerts to upcoming dangerous (tight) corners!

If I can muster the energy, I may put a quick post together on here about my experiences so far with the 1040 (navigation: great, sync: bad).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Soren
Denali

I upgraded from the Wahoo ELMNT BOLT to the ELMNT BOLT V2 a few months ago and the new capabilities are also a huge game-changer! With the previous bolt re-routing when having to take a detour, for instance, was not possible, with the V2, it updates almost instantly and displays a re-routing route to follow to get back on track. I feel like that is a very basic functionality that I was missing before. I'm definitely interested in the Garmin Edge 1040 as I'm sure many others are. Let us know if you do manage to get around to creating a write-up on your new Garmin, reviews are always welcome and I'd be very eager to learn more about the new nav features on it! 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Soren
Denali

I upgraded from the Wahoo ELMNT BOLT to the ELMNT BOLT V2 a few months ago and the new capabilities are also a huge game-changer! With the previous bolt re-routing when having to take a detour, for instance, was not possible, with the V2, it updates almost instantly and displays a re-routing route to follow to get back on track. I feel like that is a very basic functionality that I was missing before. I'm definitely interested in the Garmin Edge 1040 as I'm sure many others are. Let us know if you do manage to get around to creating a write-up on your new Garmin, reviews are always welcome and I'd be very eager to learn more about the new nav features on it!