cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
François
Shkhara

I participate to a 10K in my city. Some advertisement were done on Strava before the race (you needed to be in the race club), and after (when the photos gallery and ending video were available). This was a very nice experience and in the aftermath, I was wondering how this could be improved.

My suggestion would be to offer race's organiser a convenient way to  make a simple synthetic report of the race. (like the individual yearly Strava report, but focused on the race)

The reason for this is that sharing kudo, thought about the race,  etc ...with people you run with during a race is part of the race  and sometime a more pleasant one  !

Some basic statistics, like the fastest km, the slowest km (on average), or colored GPS trace by average pace. Number of PR recorded could help follow up discussion between athletes in the comment...

Being a pacer (40'), I was also curious to know if I helped some of my fellow runners to achieve their goal. I guess I did based on a simple histogram of the final time, plus the number of mention to PR in the title of the activity, but a list of athlete who did achieve their PR, would have helped me to give some kudo to them.

Last but not the least, these insights could help next year runners to get prepared for the race and organiser to promote the race.

4 Comments
Status changed to: Gathering Kudos
Soren
Denali

Thanks for submitting your idea regarding races/events. It has been reviewed by our moderation team and is now open to voting. Can you elaborate if you believe this post-race report should be created for individual athletes or as an overall report of the race? You mentioned offering this feature to the race's organiser, that's why I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Thank you!

François
Shkhara

Hi Soren,

just to clarify, in my mind the report should be created for a race.

The idea is to foster the idea of community. Every athlete know if he made a PR or not. The report would stress that the athlete is among the restricted group of athletes who did their PR on the very same day. For my very own case, while I didn't made a PR, I tried to help  some runners who were somehow suffering, knowing that they achieve their goals is also a nice reward !

I mentioned the race's organiser since he may decide to post (or not) the report in the publication part of the club pages. Suppose the race had a problem, or have been stopped, he may prefer not to mention some statistics. Based on the case of my local race, the race organiser would be in fact the administrator of this club :  https://www.strava.com/clubs/537323/discussion and he could post/publish the report maybe after adding some comment, anecdotes photos etc...

I hope I achieve to clarify the idea, 

KR

Shant
Mount Logan

I think Race Records (for past races) will be a great addition to Strava.

This is important because:

• Historical Race Records can show improvement over time that motivates the athlete and other athletes they can improves
  • We were not able to use Strava to record races pre-2009
  • The athlete may not have used Strava post-2009 to track more recent races, but the race result shows the splits at different segments of the race.  
  • Benefit for Athletes: Race Records lets athletes manually add their race results to a special Strava trophy/medal room and link each of our records to the official race results. Strava can highlight "This Day in History" for the athletes to remember their races from past years. The athlete can then also connect with other athletes on Strava who added and participated in that race.
  • Benefit for Strava: Strava can partner with MarathonFotos to get prior participants to buy photos (at a discount for subscribers) or partner with the race company to get participants to sign up again for races. The photos and videos can be added to each race activity. Strava becomes the common source for races and finding athletes' resumes. 

An example of when I would want this feature is when I am checking my past results. I want an easy way to pull up my race records since I began running marathons in 2008. I have to go through athlinks to find an easy set of results or to each individual race to find my photos. 

Thank you Strava! 

Shant Hagopian
Attorney & Athlete
Next race: LA Marathon (3/17/24)
Status changed to: Archived
Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello. We wanted to let you know that your idea submission from October of 2022 will be archived. While this idea is interesting, we don’t have any immediate plans to implement this and currently aren’t able to prioritize this idea.

Please note that your feedback is valuable to Strava. As stated in our Community Idea Guidelines, we receive many idea submissions each week, and realistically, there may be various reasons that prevent us from including an idea on our Product Roadmap.  

We want to thank you for taking the time to submit your idea and we look forward to your continued contributions to the Strava Community.  

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team