cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted pictures in my Strava feed

KarlS
Shkhara

Suddenly I'm getting lots of pictures in my feed from people I do not follow. Seems to be coming from clubs I am a member of. Almost exclusively pictures of bikes. Some days so many that it feels like real spam. Is there a way to filter these out or is quitting the clubs my only options?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello All:

Apologies for any confusion over this recent change.

Club posts made by club members will now appear in the Home feed for all club members.

As a couple of you have already mentioned, If you do not want to see posts from a specific club in your feed, you can follow these steps:

1. Open the Strava mobile app.
2. Locate a post from the relevant club in your Home feed and tap the three-dot icon.
3. Select the option to “Mute Posts From Club Members”.

You may need to pull down on your feed to refresh it before the posts are hidden. Be aware that you will still see posts from the club admins in your feed.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

58 REPLIES 58

rfi
Mt. Kenya

Please remove this feature, RUINED the APP! Not only a price increase but now this garbage! Doing things wrong at STRAVA headquarters!

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello All:

Apologies for any confusion over this recent change.

Club posts made by club members will now appear in the Home feed for all club members.

As a couple of you have already mentioned, If you do not want to see posts from a specific club in your feed, you can follow these steps:

1. Open the Strava mobile app.
2. Locate a post from the relevant club in your Home feed and tap the three-dot icon.
3. Select the option to “Mute Posts From Club Members”.

You may need to pull down on your feed to refresh it before the posts are hidden. Be aware that you will still see posts from the club admins in your feed.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Feature Request. Users can access settings for Clubs (like Facebook Groups) and enable/disable posts from specific/all clubs in their personal feed as they'd like. 

Hi How can i stop seeing on my feed all spam join a event or someone joined a event, any sort or challenge and other Non things, Come on I just like to be able to see what i do and follow with out seeing eventing, post clubs all over the place 

Cheers 

This isn't an answer Jane, I do want to see club posts, I  just don't want to see the same post every day as it floats to the top of my feed AGAIN.

Hi strava, that is a ridiculous answer and a ridiculous way to run a service. If I want to see posts from a club I will ask for it. Don't just show me all sorts of random posts from clubs I did not join and expect me to update my preferences for individual clubs! It should an opt in choice not an opt out service for each and every club on strava. That's simply nuts! Really feeling like my time as a subscriber could be coming to an end. It's lost is way completely! 

Why not just add the option to have posts appear in the feed on the club page itself?

While it's certainly better than not being able to mute those posts I think you made a poor choice by defaulting to show those posts in the feed. It's certainly not the end of the world to me but I'm sure everyone agrees that this should be an opt-in setting.

I can only imagine that most people don't want to see these posts and some probably won't figure out how to disable them which might result in people leaving the actual clubs.

alexlazarciuc
Mt. Kenya

Yep, that works 

VegTriCoach
Mt. Kenya

Same Issue.  This is ruining the Strava experience for all members.  Stop!  Are you you trying to get people to leave Strava??