cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted pictures in my Strava feed

KarlS
Shkhara

Suddenly I'm getting lots of pictures in my feed from people I do not follow. Seems to be coming from clubs I am a member of. Almost exclusively pictures of bikes. Some days so many that it feels like real spam. Is there a way to filter these out or is quitting the clubs my only options?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello All:

Apologies for any confusion over this recent change.

Club posts made by club members will now appear in the Home feed for all club members.

As a couple of you have already mentioned, If you do not want to see posts from a specific club in your feed, you can follow these steps:

1. Open the Strava mobile app.
2. Locate a post from the relevant club in your Home feed and tap the three-dot icon.
3. Select the option to “Mute Posts From Club Members”.

You may need to pull down on your feed to refresh it before the posts are hidden. Be aware that you will still see posts from the club admins in your feed.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

58 REPLIES 58

No, you must do it with mobile app. Desktop web does not have that function.

I am still getting those pictures, it has been several days and they are totally unwanted. Thank you

Sorry to disagree

I’m just done with this stupid spam that I’m receiving in my feed.

I just want to see the activities of people that I’m following while still onboard of my desired groups.

I won’t be renewing my yearly subscription while this. Paying for receiving spam is not worth for the money

Photos from all over (mostly from cycling clubs?) are still showing up in my feed. How do I remove this?

I definitely do not want to see club posts in my feed. At the very minimum it should be optional, and per club too.

@Jane - as with other changes, DONT JUST APPLY THEM UNILATERALLY TO EVERYONE!  If you want to add a feature, make it an opt-in thing or, at the very least, tell everyone about it up front and offer instructions on how to opt out.  We should not have to leave the clubs because you (Strava) decided for everyone that you thought it was better that our feeds get clogged with club posts.  There was already a place we could go to see the posts.  We don't need them in our main feed.  Maybe make it optional for people to opt-in, but not mandatory for all.  Strava is not Facebook or Twitter. This isn't intended to be a social media platform.  

Hi all,

I believe everyone noted dashboard became Instagramish rather than Stravish. 

It was due to unwanted, impossible to guess why it had to be posted, mostly selfies posts by club members.

That issue was raised and moderator responded "The experiment has been turned off" and marked the issue 'Solved'.

https://communityhub.strava.com/t5/strava-features-chat/unwanted-pictures-in-my-strava-feed/m-p/8999

But, even after that users reported those unwanted feeds kept pouring on dashboard. 

I had them too, so I left the last club in which members were making unwanted posts.

Had it been really solved now?  Do you still get those post feeds on your dashboard or had it stopped?

Hi @Joan 

Thanks for posting about this.  I can confirm the initial experiment has been turned off, and you should not be seeing any additional Club posts in your Feed.  

Are you still noticing these appearing in your Feed this week?  If so, please let me know.

Jane (she/her)

Hi, I’ve just started getting random posts from all the clubs I belong to. Please turn this off, absolute crazy thing to trial.

Thanks @Joan 

Definitely let us know if you continue to have this issue.

Jane (she/her)