cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activities missing in feed

Ajwaller
Mt. Kenya

Hello, I’ve noticed that all my feeds from the beginning of the month have disappeared.  Not just my activities but people who I follow.  This is affecting my iPhone and PC.  I have done another activity today which has gone through and showing in my feeds but still missing old feeds.  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ActivityFix
Superuser
Superuser

It looks like Strava made a change which switched the default ordering from latest activities to personalized, I've seen this reported in a few other places. You can change the preference from https://www.strava.com/settings/display under "Feed Ordering" or in the app under You > Gear Icon (top right) > Feed Ordering. See https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001183630-Feed-Ordering

Unfortunately per Strava, the change will only impact new activities so it won't fix the issue right away.

Any changes will apply only to new activities in your feed, so you may not notice a difference at first

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Cazzalouise
Mt. Kenya

Yesterday me feed order (which is set at chronological) suddenly changed putting activities (that I had already seen and given kudos) from the beginning of this month at the top and hiding most recent activities in the middle of the month.  This has also happened to a friends.  No amount of changing the feed order does anything to rectify this.  Why has it happened?

Same, on app and website, feed is just random... it's showing runs I did last month and nothing recent except latest

wpdejong
Mont Blanc

I might be an outlier, but I use Strava primarily to view my own activities. It seems that recently the activity feed filter on the website has changed, and it now only shows athletes I'm following by default. I have to select "My Activities" to see my own activities and, whenever I return to the activity feed page, it shows the athletes I'm following again.

In the past I could simply see ALL activities, mine and those I follow. Why has this option been deleted? I liked that.

It seems Strava is really emphasizing activities of other athletes over my own. I found the same to be true in the Android App. After I open it I have to press two buttons to view my own activities and none to view those of others. I only use the app for it's beacon feature, so I don't know if this was different in the past, nor do I really care. It is strange though.

Yes, Strava thinks of itself as a social platform, and I don't mind that, but having to dig around for the thing I'm really interested in seems strange. What's up with that?

@Jan_MantauYes, even though the feed is set to "Following", when I scroll back to before 1st of September I do see my own activities in the feed. I guess I'm not following myself anymore since the beginning of the month. 🙄

Extra info: My "Display Preferences" > "Feed Ordering" is set as "Latest Activities", since the description of "Personalized" sounds awful.

Did you need to change it to personalized or has it always been set to chronological?

I'm asking because if you changed it,  it only affects new activities so you won't see the change right away. It will display correctly from now on though.

I did try several things so, yes, I might have changed it.

I just did a very strenuous desk exercise of 11 seconds, uploaded it, and indeed it does now appear again in the "Following" feed.

This seems to solve the issue. I guess the "Personalized" feed is new and Strava pushes people to it? I now see that more people aren't happy with that.

If you scroll down a long way, do your own activities appear somewhen in the "I'm following" sections? Strava made some buggy changes to the activity sortings for users which used the chronological sorting of the feed. There is another thread with a similar problem: https://communityhub.strava.com/t5/campfire-chat/activities-missing-in-feed/td-p/41907 

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hi @Ajwaller
To add some additional context to what @ActivityFix noted; we recently made a change in our model that surfaces older activities a user may have missed amongst newer activities. If you'd like to view your feed in chronological order please ensure your Feed Ordering setting is set to "Latest Activities." If it's already set to "Latest Activities," you can perform a reset by selecting "Personalized" and then switching back to "Latest Activities." 

After changing the setting, the feed will not update immediately. Only activities uploaded after the setting change will follow the rules of the new setting.

Additionally, there may be some cases where an older activity appears at the top of the feed when an athlete you’re following makes an older activity publicly visible. We do this to make sure you see every activity from athletes you follow as soon as possible.

For additional information, see our help center article here: How the Strava feed works

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

ActivityFix
Superuser
Superuser

It looks like Strava made a change which switched the default ordering from latest activities to personalized, I've seen this reported in a few other places. You can change the preference from https://www.strava.com/settings/display under "Feed Ordering" or in the app under You > Gear Icon (top right) > Feed Ordering. See https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001183630-Feed-Ordering

Unfortunately per Strava, the change will only impact new activities so it won't fix the issue right away.

Any changes will apply only to new activities in your feed, so you may not notice a difference at first
Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings