cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava & Apple

Lucky_Luxy
Shkhara

Hi,

I have some questions relating to Strava & Apple Watch/iPhone.

Why does Strava have to make everything so awkward? Other, so called lesser apps can turn on the water lock automatically when you start a swim activity, so why can’t Strava?? 
I’ve noticed this sort of thing a lot with Strava, another example being when you start a run on the Apple Watch, it isn’t mirrored or at the very least given an option to mirror it on the iPhone. Again, other apps allow this so it’s blatantly possible, yet Strava refuse to enable it. 

My final question is why are there no new Apple Watch complications? There are only the same basic ones that have been there for a long time and also, there isn’t any Strava Lock Screen widgets? A feature that has been available for nearly a year now and still no support from Strava? 

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Lucky_Luxy 

Thanks for posting about Apple Watch and thanks also for your feedback.

We have an existing idea submission for the idea of having Apple Watch mirrored on your iPhone for Strava recordings.  We would welcome any additional comments and please feel free to add your vote (hit the kudos button).

Additionally, we have an existing suggestion for adding more Apple Watch complications and shortcuts.  You can view that here.

In regards to the Water Lock feature, we do have an existing discussion on this, great to see that you added your comments there also.  We don't have an official feature request for this functionality, so you are welcome to submit one.   We kindly ask that you start by reviewing our Idea Guidelines, particularly the “What makes a good idea” section, to ensure that your ideas are clear, concise, and can reach as many others as possible.

We also have an Apple Watch FAQ article that you may wish to review. 

Thanks again for your contributions.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Lucky_Luxy 

Thanks for posting about Apple Watch and thanks also for your feedback.

We have an existing idea submission for the idea of having Apple Watch mirrored on your iPhone for Strava recordings.  We would welcome any additional comments and please feel free to add your vote (hit the kudos button).

Additionally, we have an existing suggestion for adding more Apple Watch complications and shortcuts.  You can view that here.

In regards to the Water Lock feature, we do have an existing discussion on this, great to see that you added your comments there also.  We don't have an official feature request for this functionality, so you are welcome to submit one.   We kindly ask that you start by reviewing our Idea Guidelines, particularly the “What makes a good idea” section, to ensure that your ideas are clear, concise, and can reach as many others as possible.

We also have an Apple Watch FAQ article that you may wish to review. 

Thanks again for your contributions.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

The connectivity between Apple Watch and Strava seems to be getting worse. I’ve had to reconnect Strava to my watch twice now in the past week, just as I’m trying to out for a run. It’s getting frustrating to say the least, and I wonder if the problem is Apple, not Strava 

Hello @Jane 

Thank you for the reply.

I can jump through the hoops you have asked me to do, but I'm amazed I have to, to be honest! These features should already be in place, as they are with many other fitness apps. 

As for the Water Lock feature, you have an existing discussion but not an official feature request and you want me to submit one? Wow. After all this time, the fact you don't have this feature amazes me, but you still have no 'official feature request'? Why? Why haven't Strava staff done this? 

It is all very strange. This is all BASIC functionality. 

Regards,

Spencer