cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava doesn't load correctly on Vivaldi desktop browser

rrajao
Pico de Orizaba

Vivaldi is a browser based on Chromium engine, so it should work fine. Edge works fine. 

This is the desktop version. Mobile app works fine too.

The image below is just an example of the first page, but other pages also have issues.

Screenshot_1.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @rrajao 

Thanks for posting about this.   Supported browsers on Strava are Chrome, Safari, and Firefox.  See full details here.

I hope that helps.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

XD123
Mt. Kenya

I had the same issue and I've added strava to the list of exceptions (setting it to no blocking) under the vivaldi settings and it works now. 

XD123_1-1681378445515.png

This solution worked for me after restarting Vivaldi.

However, it should not be neccessary to allow tracking in order to use Strava. A bit fishy, if you ask me. 😕

Thank you! This works for me.

dahuyou
Mt. Kenya

I have exactly the same problem

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @rrajao 

Thanks for posting about this.   Supported browsers on Strava are Chrome, Safari, and Firefox.  See full details here.

I hope that helps.

Jane (she/her)

It's not just Vivaldi; same issue using Safari Version 16.4/Mac OS 13.3.1 (22E261). Strava Activity Feed won't draw unless I refresh the browser several times--acts like I have to reload until by luck I land on a load-balanced server that delivers content that works with Safari. This has been happening for perhaps the last month. Can't say that I'd pay a larger fee for less functionality...

Hi @jb1 

We are aware of this issue you are experiencing with Safari and it has been escalated to our Engineering team for investigation. We currently do not have an estimated time of resolution. In the meantime, please use another browser such as Google Chrome as a workaround.

Apologies for the inconvenience!

Jane (she/her)

It's been a month or more like this with Safari on MacOS. I know several others suffering the same issues. Activity Feed, Routes, and more.

That's not really the answer.  Vivaldi can be made to work by turning off the Vivaldi tracking block for Strava.  I've never had to turn it off for any other site.

There must have been a change at Strava for this to happen.

I'm not too pleased abut having to allow Strava to be tracking something (I don't know what !!)