cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving average pace. Running.

Nige1968
Mt. Kenya

Hi. does anyone know how can I show moving average pace on my profile for my runs? At the moment, it only shows average pace. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Nige1968 

Thanks for getting back to us.  Please submit a support ticket and we’ll be happy to take a look at your account to see what might be going on.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Nige1968 

Thanks for getting back to us.  Please submit a support ticket and we’ll be happy to take a look at your account to see what might be going on.

Jane (she/her)

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Nige1968 

Thanks for posting!  Are you runs recorded outside with GPS data?  If so, the average pace we show on your run activity page is based on your moving time, not total elapsed time.  The exception to this would be if you tag your run as "race", in which case we calculate your average pace based on total elapsed time.

I hope this is helpful!  Please let us know and thanks again for your post.

Jane (she/her)

Hi. 
The issue is that if I do an interval run Strava only gives average pace. Not moving average pace. I run outdoors and use GPS. 
My Garmin Marq Athlete is set to give me an interval session of 8x90 seconds sprint with 45 seconds stationary rest. Last time I ran this workout, garmin gives a moving average pace of 5:57 whereas Strava gives an average pace of 8:42. 
so….. does Strava give an average moving pace? 
thanks Nige. 

I'm having this exact issue. Just used a workout for kilometer repeats with a static 2 minute rest and my time in Strava is Garmin's average pace as opposed to Garmin's moving pace.